HIFIVE, an associate award under the FIELD-Support LWA, empowers Haitians by providing access to innovative financial products and services. With a focus on rural areas, HIFIVE targets high potential value chains, encourages an increased developmental impact from remittances, and supports the use of technology to expand financial inclusion.
HIFIVE’s primary objectives include:
- Increasing the availability of value chain financing;
- Improving access to financial products and services in rural areas;
- Increasing more effective use of remittances;
- Increasing use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) for financial inclusion; and
- Developing effective linkages with other USAID programs.
Among HIFIVE’s key expected results are:
- 26 new financial products and services available in rural zones;
- 70% increase in the number of rural microfinance clients;
- 20 new value chain financing solutions introduced;
- 71% increase in the number of points of financial service; and
- 425,000 clients benefiting from new financial products, services, and technological innovations.