2012 Microfinance Barometer – An overview of microfinance in France and abroad
Convergences 2015 is a think tank aims which aims at building new convergences between public, private, and solidarity-based actors to alleviate poverty. For the third consecutive year, it is publishing the Microfinance Barometer, an original booklet elaborated in partnership with the Caisse des Dépôts et Consignation, the Fédération Nationale des Caisses d’Epargne, Citi Microfinance and Adie. It is meant to increase the visibility of the microfinance industry, its stakes and impacts, and also to promote good practices among microfinance actors.
With over 20,000 issues printed, this Barometer offers:
- a synthesis of the mains trends of microfinance in France and on the international scene;
- studies, surveys, clients portraits and interviews of microfinance key actors;
- updated figures regarding microfinance actors in France and abroad;
- the results of an exclusive IPSOS opinion poll on what French people think of microfinance; and
- a special report dedicated to microfinance in France.
Improving knowledge of and serving better the clients of microfinance
The goal of the 2012 Microfinance Barometer is to place clients back at the centre of the debate on microfinance in the world. Who are they? What are their needs? How can we better address their expectations? Since 2008, the microfinance crisis has been subjected to considerable media coverage. Improving knowledge of and serving better the clients of microfinance is one of the answers to this crisis, according to the sector’s actors.