The Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) initiative is a U.S. Government-wide effort to economically empower 50 million women in the developing world by 2025. By investing in women, USAID is enabling countries to progress beyond assistance by unlocking human potential on a transformational scale. USAID will disburse approximately three grants globally. The period of performance for each award is up to 24 months.
The W-GDP WomenConnect Challenge seeks to bridge the gender digital divide so that women can fully participate in the global economy. Winning solutions will support the W-GDP’s three pillars:
- Advance workforce development and vocational education for women
- Provide access to capital, markets and networks for women entrepreneurs
- Remove restrictive regulatory, legal, workplace, and social barriers to enable women in the economy
Steps to Applying to Round Two of the WomenConnect Challenge
- Step One: Go to the WomenConnect Challenge Application Platform
- Step Two: Download and read the Request for Applications (RFA)
- Step Two: Create an account online and begin your application
- You will need to remember your login information to access your application. You can begin to fill out your application and save it as you make progress.
- Step Three: Submit any questions you have on the RFA by June 17 at 12:00 pm ET
- Step Four: Submit your application by August 6th, 2019 at 12:00 pm ET