Job Announcement: E3/TRR Market Systems Specialist, FSL-02
The Bureau for Economic Growth, Education, and Environment (E3), Office of Trade and Regulatory Reform (TRR), is seeking a direct-hire FSL-02 to serve as Market Systems Specialist. The position is based in Washington, DC and provides expert technical leadership and guidance on markets systems and inclusive economic development.
The incumbent will represent Bureau interests on matters related to inclusive market systems at intra- and inter-agency levels, as well as in external forums, including donor coordination platforms, conferences, and training. S/he will provide programmatic backstopping and management on high-visibility projects, consulting with professionals in various sectors, and advising senior Bureau management on key issues/constraints to activity/project development.
S/he will plan, design, manage, and evaluate technically complex activities related to inclusive market systems development, and review activity/project proposals for economic, financial, technical, and social-environmental soundness. S/he will contribute to the learning agenda for market systems in order to inform best practices in strategic programming. S/he will serve as a primary contact for backstopping field Mission programs in the development, management, implementation, and evaluation of activities and programs related to inclusive market systems development.
See the attached position description for additional information.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must have a minimum of five years of work experience in a related area.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience serving as an expert resource on markets systems and inclusive economic development.
- Must be able to communicate, influence, and advocate verbally and in writing to both internal and external stakeholders, such as developing country counterparts and senior Mission and Bureau leadership.
- Must have excellent responsiveness to TRR customers (such as field Mission staff, host-country counterparts, and interagency colleagues) and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of professional colleagues and institutions.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret level security clearance.
- Must be able to travel internationally up to 25 percent of the time.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit: Resume/CV, a short written statement of interest, and three relevant professional references to [email protected] with "E3/TRR Market Systems Specialist" in the subject line. Application submissions are requested by midnight EST on Friday, August 16, 2019.