Calling All Photographers for the Climatelinks 2019 Photo Contest
Do you have great photos of climate and development? Do you want to showcase your photos and promote your work on Climatelinks? Now is your chance!
Submit your photos so we can share your work or your organization’s work with our global community of climate practitioners.
We’re looking to capture nature-based solutions for the management of climate risk across the following categories:
- Women as a part of the solution
- Foundations for resilient infrastructure
- Addressing new risks to human health
- Protecting natural systems in a changing world
- Education for self-reliance
- Sustainable water & sanitation services
- Reducing risks from extreme weather and shocks
- Planning a food-secure future
- Powering modern energy solutions
- Reducing conflicts by strengthening capacity
- Climate-smart urbanization
- Adapting to change -- from communities to countries
You may submit up to five images complying with the contest rules and requirements. Entries will be judged on relevance to one or more of our climate categories, as well as photo composition, originality, and technical quality. One winner will be selected overall, in addition to winners chosen for each category, through an evaluation panel composed of USAID staff and the Climatelinks team.
Winning photos will be announced in Fall 2019, subsequently featured in Climatelinks communications, highlighted on the website’s topic pages, and showcased in Climatelinks photo gallery and USAID’s GCCphoto Flickr. The winning photos will also be featured in the Office of Global Climate Change’s official 2020 calendar.