USAID's Women's Economic Empowerment Community of Practice Virtual Learning Event
Join the Women’s Economic Empowerment Community of Practice (WEE CoP) on Tuesday, September 21st from 9-10 am EST for a virtual learning event. Presenters will share proven, promising, and potential evidence, as well as recommendations from three landscaping studies on 1) Social norms; 2) Government policies, laws, and regulations as well as business policies; and 3) Gender-based violence prevention and response.
- Ruta Aidis, PhD, Gender and Women’s Economic Empowerment Expert, Senior Consultant to Banyan Global
- Charla Britt, PhD, Gender, Social Inclusion, and Development Specialist, Senior Consultant to Banyan Global
- Mia Hyun, Gender /Gender-Based Violence Specialist, Senior Consultant to Banyan Global
Following the main learning event on September 21, the WEE CoP is hosting three, one-hour virtual Deep Dive Discussions during the week of September 27 for a more in-depth question and answer session with the three presenters about each of the landscaping studies. You can register for each of the Deep Dive Discussions online.
The goal of the Learning Event and Deep Dive Discussions is for attendees to:
- Understand and discuss the findings in the landscaping studies: proven, promising, and potential interventions to advance WEE as it relates to social norms; government policies, laws, and regulations as well as business policies; and gender-based violence.
- Apply evidence to increase women’s economic access, agency, and power.
For questions about the Learning Event and Deep Dive Discussions, please contact [email protected].