Starting from zero: creating systemic impact in Somalia’s healthcare space
Moderator: Ron Ashkin, Technical Director, DT Global Africa
Speakers from Private Sector Partnerships in Health (PSPH) programme, Somalia and Somaliland:
Hamda Warsame, Intervention Manager, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Dr Mohamed Jimale, Intervention Manager, Mogadishu, Somalia
How do you create systemic impact where there is no system?
This webinar will share lessons from the PSPH programme in Somalia that are relevant to other resource-constrained, donor-distorted settings.
PSPH takes a 'mass market' approach to private healthcare. It works with healthcare financing and service providers who want to reach beyond the 2 per cent who can afford private healthcare, whilst also clearly distinguishing sustainable market development from humanitarian aid.
The speakers will focus on:
- obtaining data in a data-empty environment
- building team and partner capacity
- partner engagement and building private sector partnerships
- practical tools and techniques
- Challenges encountered and their solutions