The Shape of Food Security – A Presentation on the Creation, Life, and Publications of Food Security
Ten years ago, plant pathologists Richard Strange and Peter Scott founded the journal "Food Security—the Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food" in response to Norman Borlaug’s challenge to "do more for food security."
This seminar will take a look back over the last decade to identify some key trends in publishing on food security, including geographic reach and topics covered. Presenters will also discuss the importance of publishing research and analysis from a wide range of disciplines and ask how interdisciplinary the journal has been so far. This systematic review will help guide the journal to make even greater contributions to food security in the years to come.
- Serge Savary, Director of Research, INRA, Université de Toulouse, Editor-in-Chief, Food Security
- Richard Strange, Founder and former Editor-in-Chief, Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food
- Suresh Babu, Senior Research Fellow & Head of Capacity Strengthening, IFPRI
- Catherine Ragasa, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Rajul Pandya-Lorch, Director of Communications and Public Affairs & Chief of Staff in the Director General's Office, IFPRI
Light lunch will be available starting at 11:45am. Event begins promptly at 12:15pm.