Measuring Women's Economic Empowerment Learning Event
Join the SEEP Women’s Economic Empowerment Working Group (WEE WG) and Coalition for Women’s Economic Empowerment and Equality (CWEEE) for a morning event on women’s economic empowerment measurement policies, evidence, and promising practices.
Panel 1: Raising the Bar to Measure Women’s Economic Empowerment, 9:00-10:30am. Hosted by CWEEE, this panel will include a comprehensive look at WEE measurement policy, evidence and advocacy efforts. Panelists will explore broad dimensions of women’s economic empowerment – including access, agency and decision-making power – as well as promising practices for setting WEE measurement systems at institutional levels.
- Elise Young, Senior Technical Advisor for Gender Equality and Social Inclusion, FHI 360 and CWEEE Co-Chair (Moderator)
- Henriette Kolb, Head of Gender Secretariat, IFC
- Casey Dunning, Director of Results and Learning, MCC
- Hiba Tibi, West Bank Economic Empowerment Coordinator, CARE
Interactive Resource Library on WEE Metrics and Networking: 10:30-11:00am
Panel 2: Putting Promising WEE Metrics into Practice, 11:00am-12:30pm. Hosted by the SEEP WEE WG, this panel will dig deeper to showcase specific WEE measurement techniques, results and tools from practitioners. Panelists will explore major solutions and challenges to designing, budgeting for, and instituting WEE measurement plans at the project level.
- Lis Meyers, Managing Associate for Gender and Social Inclusion, Nathan Associates and SEEP WEE WG Co-Facilitator (Moderator)
- Anna Mecagni, Director of Program Design and Development, Women for Women International
- Adam Bramm, Associate Director, West Africa/MENA, MEDA
- Aletheia Donald, Economist, The World Bank
Share at the WEE Metrics Event! If you have a resource, tool, research report, or any other learning product on WEE metrics and measurement that you want to share, we encourage you to submit it for the WEE Metrics Resource library using an online form. .
For more information, please see the event page!