Seeking Applications: Market Systems Consultants - Catholic Relief Services
CRS has a new agency strategy, and as part of it we have established the Homes and Communities (H&C) strategic platform, which indirectly targets 8.5 million people to secure safe and dignified homes and communities over the next decade. Recognizing the central role markets can play in achieving scale, CRS seeks to better understand how to more systematically leverage market opportunities in order to achieve these ambitious targets.
CRS is therefore seeking a consultant (or team) to help define a clear strategy for how we can leverage market systems to achieve safe and dignified homes and communities’ outcomes at scale. The consultant(s) will develop a framework and set of options for how best to leverage market systems to achieve scale, and develop practical tools and processes that CRS can test in the field.
CRS welcomes applications from an individual, or team, that has the following experience and skills:
- Background in market systems development, ideally with past experience engaging in market systems change
- Experience working on program design, management and/or monitoring across the humanitarian and development spheres, including in protracted crisis contexts
- Experience leading and supporting country-level market analysis, and using this analysis to design market-based programming and systems-level interventions that support vulnerable crisis-affected populations
- Knowledge of common frameworks related to market systems and scaling (e.g. Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P), Market Systems Development (MSD), private sector development etc.)
- Good understanding of the NGO sector, and the role/mandate of key players in the humanitarian and development architecture
- Experience working in market-systems related to housing, construction, water, and/or sanitation
- Experience developing practical and accessible tools for non-expert teams to use to assess, analyze, and design system level interventions
If you are interested in applying or have any questions, please reach out to Sahdia Khan ([email protected]).
- Market Facilitation